2 veal tenderloin, 10-12 oz each
2 Tbs Butter, divided
1 Tbs Chopped Shallots
8 oz Heavy Cream
1 oz Strauss Veal Demi Glace
1 oz Green Peppercorns
5 oz Brandy
Kosher salt, to taste
Fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Heat a large stainless steel sauté pan over medium high heat.
- Season the veal with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Add a couple of Tbs of olive oil to one pan and heat until smoking.
- Add the veal to the pan and sauté on all sides until browned on all sides about 3-4 minutes, adding 1 Tbs of the butter, sage and thyme the last minute of sautéing.
- Place the veal in the oven for 2-4 minutes or desired doneness. Remove from the pan and hold on the side. Discard all cooking fat from the pan.
- Add 1 Tbs of butter and shallots to sauté pan and sauté 30 seconds.
- Add the green peppercorns and sauté for another 30 seconds. Deglaze with brandy – be careful of the flames!
- Add the cream and demi glace and reduce until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 3-5 minutes.
- Take the veal and slice, placing a few slices on each plate with some potato puree, drizzle the sauce over the veal. Serve and Enjoy!